Saturday 10 January 2015

Yarns I Knit with in 2014


As part of my review of my 2014 knitting, I was curious how many and which yarns I used this past year. I discovered that I had the pleasure to knit with over 52 different yarns. (I currently have about 158 different yarn brands and bases in my stash).

Bases I used in 2014 included
lace   fingering   sport   dk  worsted  aran   bulky
Fibers included
wool   merino   silk   alpaca   mohair   cashmere   cotton   nylon   stellina

I knit with both commercial and indie-dyed yarns, purchased at my local yarn shops and online. Many yarns were knit with for the first time. I purchased 16 of the yarns in 2014 (marked with a *), so about 70% was knit from my stash.

Lace
Garnstudio Drops Kid-Silk
Lang Yarns Mohair Luxe

Fingering
Artyarns Ultramerino 4
Estelle Sockitome Heathers *
Fireweed Dyeworks Self-striping *
Madelinetosh Feather *
Madelinetosh Sock
Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock
Oink Pigment Sock *
Patons Kroy Ragg Shades *
Phildar Phil Folk 100 *
Phydeaux Yarn Chaussette *
Pinguoin Pingorex Baby
Quince and Co. Finch
Regia Desgn Line Kaffe Fassett
Regia Mosaik 4-ply
Rowan Fine Tweed
Shibui Knit Socks
Stimpylab Strong Sock *
String Theory Colorworks Continuum Self-striping *
Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
The Plucky Knitter Primo Fingering
The Plucky Knitter Plucky Feet
Voolenvine Yarns Blitz *
Western Sky Knits Aspen Sock *

Sport
Madelinetosh 80/10/10 sport
Madelinetosh Sport
Manos del Uruguay Serena
ONline supersocke 6-ply *
Ornaghi Filati Malaga

DK
Blissful Knits Adore *
Duck Duck Wool *
Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit
Knitting Fever Cashmereno
Madelinetosh DK *
Madelinetosh DK Twist
Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Suri & Silk
Zitron Zeitlos

Worsted
Cascade 220
Custom Woolen Mills 2-ply *
Madelinetosh Vintage
Malabrigo Yarn Merino
Noro Silk Garden
Stonehedge Fiber Mills Shepherd's Wool

Aran
Cascade Yarns Casablanca *
Fleece Artist BFL Aran
Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica
Mission Falls 1824 Cotton
Noro Taiyo

Bulky
Cascade 128 *
Lionness Arts Roar
Luxury Collection Baby Alpaca Sport
Malabrigo Yarn Mecha *











No comments:

Post a Comment