Saturday 3 January 2015

Socks in 2014

I don't often make goals or create lists, as they seem to put undue pressure on me. I like fly-by-the-cuff, follow-my-whimsy kind of knitting. 

But lots of knitters on Ravelry were announcing goals for 2014, so I began to consider what mine might be. Buying less yarn and knitting from stash were definite goals. A considerable part of this stash was fingering, sockweight yarn as I wanted to make socks, lots of socks, but hadn't gotten around to it. So, I set myself a goal to knit 12 pair, which seemed a lofty goal, and joined a couple of the sock forums to motivate me.

I did it! I actually more than doubled my goal. 26 pairs in 2014. Some were works in progress and one is a baby pair, but still. Here they are:


Broken Seed Stitch Socks
Phildar Phil Folk 100 and Estelle Sockitome Heathers


Crusoe
Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Sock, 'Manu'


Estonian Button-Stitch Socks
Phydeaux Chaussette 'Vignoble'


Java Socks
The Plucky Knitter primo fingering 'Flying Monkeys'


Thuja
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/thuja
Blissful Knits Ambrosia DK 'Secret Garden'



Jaywalker
Ornaghi Filati Malaga



No-Purl Monkeys
Artyarns Merino 4


Thuja
Regia Design Line Kaffe Fasset

Thuja
Madelinetosh Feather 'Mala'


Oak-Ribbed Sock
Fiberphile Squooshy Sock, 'Continuum'


Charade
Shibui Sock 'Pebble'


Sunday Swing Socks 
Western Sky Knits Aspen Sock 'Kettle Rainbow'


Pin-striped Socks
Stimpylab Strong Sock 'Pangea'

Vanilla Bean Striped Socks
Quince and Co Finch, 'Leek', 'Snap Pea'


Basic Ribbed Socks
Regia Mosaik


Orchideen-Socken
Sunshine Yarns 'Cedric'


Perfect Fit Newborn Socks
Pinguoin Pingorex Baby


125-15 Short Socks with Cables
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/125-15-short-socks-with-cables-in-alaska
Fleece Artist BFL Aran 'Sea Storm'


plain vanilla with omg heel
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/omg-heel-socks
String Theory Continnum 'Ares'


plain vanilla with Fish Lips Kiss heel
Fireweed Dyeworks 'Russian Rainbow'


plain vanilla
Oink Pigments 'Blackberry Brambles'


plain vanilla
Patons Kroy Ragg Shades


plain vanilla


plain vanilla, stranded
Custom Woolen Mills 2-ply worsted


plain vanilla, stranded
Custom Woolen Mills 2-ply worsted


plain vanilla, stranded 
Custom Woolen Mills 2-ply worsted

And yes, lots more socks in 2015. 









No comments:

Post a Comment