Sunday 1 December 2013

Hats and Mitts

I knit some accessories for my three guys in November/December. For my husband, I made the Botanic hat by Stephen West: I made it with Malabrigo Worsted (grey) and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (dark grey). The hat is ribbed and reversible:

My 16 year-old son got a Botanic Hat as well, in Malabrigo Rios in the Teal colorway and the darker grey is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran:

         

My 19 year-old son got the Graham hat by Jennifer Adams (free pattern), knit in Berroco Blackstone Tweed Chunky, in grey:

©dedolha

I made my husband a pair of mitts, Maize by Tin Can Knits (free pattern), in Berroco Blackstone Tweed Chunky.  I knit this chunky weight yarn in two needle sizes down to make them warm and dense:
©dedolha



And, so as not to leave myself out, I made some Toasty mitts by Leslie Friend (free pattern) in Illimani Yarn Silky Baby Llama in light grey:

©spdolha

First time using baby llama yarn and it is so soft and luxurious. It was an impulse buy as was discounted for my LYS closing sale.

Goodbye Make One Yarn Studio....
©farm4.static.flickr.com

Did you know?... Make One Yarn Studio was originally co-owned by the designer, Amy Swenson (http://www.ravelry.com/people/indigirl). 

No comments:

Post a Comment